Thursday, May 13, 2010

Would like to hear from parent that have had babies with Asthma?

I have a almost 3 month old baby. He had RSV, and they said he may have asthma too. I would like to hear from parents that have dealt with asthma this young in an infant. How do you know there having an attack? He is not completely cleared of the RSV either. Thanks for any help you give me..Would like to hear from parent that have had babies with Asthma?
My daughter was born early,with pneumonia. She was in the NICU for 2 and 1/2 long weeks.Although she, thank God never got RSV, she had her first asthma attack at 4 months old. It was very scary but I learned how to use a neubulizer and it has been fine. Now she is two. I only usually have problems when she gets a cold,her chest sounds wheezy (like crackly) and if it is really bad her nail beds and face turn white and sometimes bluish. It can be managed fairly easily as long as you are aware of what to look for. Coughing in the middle of the night, with or without a cold, is a sign that the baby migt have an attack, because of their sleeping position. Try to slightly incline your baby's bed just at the head. I know that it is overwhelming but your baby will be okay. It is tough, but you will be a great asthma Mommy like I think I have become!Would like to hear from parent that have had babies with Asthma?
Honestly I never knew they diagnosed babies with asthma that young. All 3 of my boys have it. My 2 oldest were diagnosed right after they turned 1. My youngest who just turned 1 was diagnosed when he was 9 months. I have to give him breathing treatments twice a day right along with his older brothers.It'[s hard having little ones with asthma. Especially here in texas cause the weather constantly changes one day it's 85 the nesxt day its 50 and windy. That causes asthma to act up alot. For my 3 yr old it's weird because he loves to play in water. That makes his asthma act up. Not really sure why but it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment