Monday, May 10, 2010

As a parent, would you trust a new driver to drive your kids around?

I am only just learing to drive and am nervous of being responsible for driving children around once I start a nannying job. Would you let a nanny drive your kids if she had just passed her driving test? How long would you want someone to have been driving before you would let them drive your kids?As a parent, would you trust a new driver to drive your kids around?
Sorry no. I would be very nervous to let my children travel in a car with a new driver. I would prefer at least 1 year driving experience. The same would apply to my partner taking them out in the car if he ever passed his test - i would only agree at first if i was in the car with him.As a parent, would you trust a new driver to drive your kids around?
I can understand your fears (I'm a mummy myself) but, it's like what I said to my friend who took me and my 7 week old out shopping in her car for the first time since she passed her test a month ago-you wouldn't have passed if you can't drive well enough, or your perceptive skills were not sharp enough.


Driving is about confidence; just take short journeys to begin with, getting gradually longer and further away. Get a baby on board sign, and just make sure you have a good car seat in there and you're away.
i wouldnt let
I think many of those who have answered your question have missed the obvious answer. To me the solution is very simple. Any parent who may be worried about your driving, ought to go out with you and assess your driving. Yes I can see you might get nervous, with the parents in the car assessing you, but It can't be worse than the driving test, which you passed. Well done.
no i wouldn't .. my parents wouldn't let anyone drive us around even when we were older unless they had been driving for a few years. sorry good luck
well if your worried now then i can trust you...means your conscious of what your doing...i know you'd be care full
2 to 3 yrs of driving with a clean record.
You really cant trust anyone. I would get alot of practice 4 fore I started driving a bunch of kids around.
I wouldn't trust a new driver, unless it was someone I knew very well and if I had had multiple opportunities to drive with her to see how she does. I would want a driver to have 2-3 years of driving with a clean record otherwise.
ya jus dont hit a ne one and make sure he isnt buckled
No, I wouldn't even trust myself when I first got my license. I would say when a driver has at least their full license for a few years is ok by me.
Difficult one. If your nervous then no i wouldn't be happy with you driving my children around. If i were you i would go out in the car by yourself and keep going out until you feel comfortable,then take the kids out for a little drive,round the block or something then gradually take them on longer drives.


Hope i have helped!


Haze x x x x
Tough one, so many avenues to go into. Depends on how well u know this person.


Do you have a husband that drives or could drive for you. My daughters child minder does that and im fine with it because i know he doesnt drive like a looney.
my answer would be no, i know my own kids send me up the wall when i'm driving, %26amp; i've been driving 12 years, let alone a new driver trying to concentrate on what they are doing, sorry.
I think after a few months of driving a driver feels more confident and is much more reliable to drive kids around. It's not only those who have just passed who are more likely to crash, a person who has been driving for years can just as easily do so. It's all up to personal choice, theres no definate right or wrong answer.
i agree with the first answer
i wouldn`t trust myself as a new driver let alone anyone else.lol sad but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment