Tuesday, May 11, 2010

As a parent; Would you want to know if your child attempted to harm themselves?

I attempted suicide last week...I still haven't met with the doctor yet so I don't why I did other than being stressed. I am in my twenties and have not told my parents I did. Should I? I feel guilty pretending like everything is fine...Or is it better left alone? Would you want to know if something was wrong with your child?As a parent; Would you want to know if your child attempted to harm themselves?
I would want to know and I would want to help in any way I could.





Please do talk to your doctor and find people close to you, family or otherwise, that you can lean on, as well. ';Never suffer alone'; is a good motto.As a parent; Would you want to know if your child attempted to harm themselves?
Yes I would want to know. I would want my daughter to feel like she can come to me about anything. If she is having a problem I would want to at least attempt to help her and if I cant then I would find someone who could. I had a friend whose brother committed suicide while I was in high school. All because he couldn't get a girlfriend. The thing was my other friend was going to ask him out on a date Monday and he committed suicide on Saturday. It isn't better left alone. You need to tell someone how you are feeling. I would recommend talking to a good friend if you don't feel like you can go to your parents. I went to one when I was having problems. It helps a lot. My mom was there when I needed her but even talking to a person who is outside of your family helps. They have a different view on things. Plus my mom worked a lot to keep food on the table. She was a single mother. So I would come home and she would be off to work. I would watch my sisters who were 4 and 5 months old. I was about 13 or 14. But I wold You need to go and talk to someone that you trust.. Good Luck and hang in there!!
You are grown. You are not a child. You dont need to tell your parents - you do, however, need to tell someone. A counsellor, a dr, a friend, trying to deal with it on your own will only make you more likely to attempt it again
I never told my parents. There's nothing they can do about it and it would only make them worried and uncomfortable. There's no need for all of us to be miserable. ^_^
Of course I would want to know if my child attempted suicide! Obviously they have no idea how depressed you must be. I do hope you talk to them about it and they can help you.
Tell them! They want to know. There is nothing that I do not want to know about my kids, even if it differs from my opinions or it will cause me pain.
I say don't tell them but also you need to get help and make sure it doesn'tt happen again look towards apsychiatristt or something of that sort
being a mother myself,even though my two sons are only 14 and 7,I would still want to know even if they was 40,maybe they can help a little.
i would want to know. i tell my mom every thing so i hope my kids are the same and tell me•
yes i think you need to talk to someone about it
Id want to know
yes i would want to know

No comments:

Post a Comment