Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do your children see you as a God fearing parent or a parent who do more talking and less walking?

If your child was to have a one on one talk with God, do you think your child would tell God that you are one who do a lot of talking and not enough walking, or if you do a lot of talking and no walking?Do your children see you as a God fearing parent or a parent who do more talking and less walking?
Neither. I don't see why it has to be one or the other. The real world does not work in such absolutes.Do your children see you as a God fearing parent or a parent who do more talking and less walking?
My children see me as a compassionate and dedicated mother, and someone who works to make others happy. They see a mother who volunteers to teach art at schools where art was stripped from the curriculum because of budget cuts. They see a mother who makes food for the elderly neighbors so they can eat more than just microwave dinners. And they see that she can be a good and decent person without gods or religion.
My child would see me as a God fearing parent who is trying her best to be a good one in both words and deeds.Still he knows that I do commit sin and fall short of God's and my child's (11 years) expectations.


So if he were to talk to God, he would pray for God's continued blessings upon me and to change me accordingly to be a better parent.
I think I do more walking than talking. My son sees my moral lifestyle and how I acknowledge my mistakes and faults. However, he was really surprised one day to hear me talk about how much I love Jesus. He didn't realize I was religious! I guess my reasons for my way of living weren't apparent to him. Maybe that's because when he lived with my mother, she went way overboard with the religious thing and forced him to go to church and live as a Christian even though he wasn't one in his heart. I dunno.
My children see in me a Guru, a GOD loving one.





We always conduct Satsang and participate in it.





They have also believe in it and have formed their own view of GOD.
I think God is a made up symbol for people to worship when they don't have faith in themselves. However my daughter chooses to believe in him. We just agree to disagree. She doesn't ';pray'; for me, and I don't mock her beliefs.
God fearing ( reverence for ) Christian, servant who walk the walk with Jesus, and is filled with the Holy Spirit. Praise the Lord !
Well If my child truly honored me, she/he would respect my judgment and actions and not take in upon themselves to undermine me. (unless they were an adult)
Fear god, for what? My child is not afraid me, and I'm not afraid of god. If he exists that is.





Greetings from Iran
My child knows I do not fear God. He knows the biblical bigot is nonsense.





He has seen the nut jobs at an Assembly of God church and he knows they are nut jobs.
My children see me as someone who TRYS to not just talk the talk but also walk the walk.
Spare the rod, spoil the child. Who said that one anyway?
i saw alot of talking, and no walking



My children see me as a practical realist.

No comments:

Post a Comment