Monday, May 10, 2010

Has anyone been in a situation of a stay at home parent, cant go out and work but needing to make money?

I'm a stay at home mother of a 21 month old and also 21 weeks pregnant. No one will hire me because I'm pregnant which I understand but my rent has gone up and I also have doctor's bills to pay. Has anyone found a way to either make things at home then sell them or find a job I can do at home?Has anyone been in a situation of a stay at home parent, cant go out and work but needing to make money?
Do you know how to sew? You can iron clothing. If you have access to a computer and if your able to garage sale Ebay is a viable option. What about babysitting a couple other kids and you will have a play date for your 21 month old. You can screen the parents so that they have the same house rules as you do which keeps things amicable. What talents do you have? For instance with Valentines approaching you could make beautiful baskets for girls (cause you know what we like) and sell them to the men who don't know what to get. People are always looking for someone to bake pretty cakes that taste good and now cupcakes are just as appealing, plus you can find a lot of books on how to decorate them for instance http://www.hellocupcakebook.com is one resource. You could crochet baby blankets and sell them. Here's a site you can get free patterns from http://www.lionbrand.com and making purses. I could think of other things if I knew where your talents are.Has anyone been in a situation of a stay at home parent, cant go out and work but needing to make money?
If you can write well there are a number of genuine options for you. For freelance jobs elance and guru are good option, links for genuine data entry jobs and freelance opportunities can also be found. they are all free to sign-up and seems legitimate so far to me.





There are freelance options available, but you'll have to bid for them like an auction and compete for wages with other bidders. Regular data entry options are good but not very easy to find. I got a small list of some good options, see links section. Workers without experience start at $6.00 an hour and can go up to $11.00 an hour in larger cities. Experienced data operators earn between $7.50 and $17.00 an hour, depending on the field.





Also there are sites that pay you to do specific tasks like posting something on a forum or writing comments on some blogs, finding a logo or pic for a particular brand and uploading on some site... or similar stuff, and there are amount specified for each tasks. tasks are easy, small and simple but the payout is not very huge per task, so you might have to perform multiple tasks to get some substantial income.
I'm a stay at home mother, a decision my husband and I made after I had child number 1. Now, I have three children, 14, 11 and 9. I have a BBA and I'm still staying home. My husband works long hours and the children have dozens of activities to go to. I started to write a book, however it wouldn't help you much with your bills right now. If you live in a big city, maybe you could try to find a job as a freelance writer and have your own column in the paper. Something about parental advice or anything else that interests you. I live in a very small place and there's not much around here. Wait, I have a friend who loves to bake and sells pastries to a few stores. If you like to bake, you could always give it a try but it might be hard with two babies. If you have somebody who can help you with the kids, it might work.
Yep. I've been there. That's why I transcribe from the house. Got my company's contact info from the Work From Home Ebook.





There are jobs out there that you can do from home. But anything that is in the following list is a scam or not worth the effort:





1. Get paid to do survey sites - pay maybe 1 cent per survey.


2. Anything asking for an app fee or ANY kind of money to get in the ';program.';


3. Any kind of cash gifting program.


4. Anything advertised as ';data entry';


5. Any company or program saying you can earn over $3000 per month.





Just keep on looking around. Like I said, it took me a while before I found my job. The WFH ebook does list a bunch of legit companies. I think the place that takes the orders for the Home Shopping Network is in there as well as transcription companies, customer service companies, etc.





I applied to several of the places in the list in the book and I was NEVER asked for any kind of a ';fee.'; But the book does cost $10.00 and none of the jobs are going to make you rich. I make $2000 a month with my company. That's pretty much the most you'll make with a legit job.





Good luck!
This typing opportunity only applies to the U.S. and Europe.





If you are an accomplished typist - word processor and have recently visited your local 4-year university librarian, you can apply as a ';certified'; graduate typist, earning between $1.50 to $2.00 per page for typing a master or doctoral thesis. The librarian will ask the following questions in order to qualify you as a ';certified'; typist:





(1) Are you familiar and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word?





(2) Are you able to set up section breaks along with appropriate placement of auto page numbering in the footer/header?





(3) Are you familiar with setting up a scheme with emphasis on the proper use of auto numbering, such as 1., 1.1, (a), (i), etc.?





(4) Do you have access to a scanner with built-in OCR sofware?





(5) Do you have access to a high-speed laser quality printer?





If you answer all the above questions in the affirmative, the librarian will provide you with a sample of the typing format template (i.e., margin settings, font selection, page set up, etc.) in order to complete these projects.





The librarian will then place your name on a list of ';certified'; graduate typists. This ';certified' list will be given to various department heads so that any graduate student seeking your services can easily contact you directly from this list.





An average weekend income is about $300-$400 for two days of work.





Good luck!
you need to be careful of getting a job at home. lots of scam right now. I understand your needs. if you have lots of bills to pay. stop spending unnecessary stuff, make a list of your daily needs, the rest cut it off.
Check out this link for some legit ideas to make some extra cash:


http://youcanmakeextramoney.blogspot.com鈥?/a>
I have heard of people being successful doing the online business stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment