Tuesday, May 11, 2010

If my parent is on ssi can i get college benefits?

This question is more general. I would prefer a guide about it if there is one. I am just for more if there is any and where i can find out more about it.





The benefits I want to know about are beyond what fafsa can give me.If my parent is on ssi can i get college benefits?
Contact the financial aid office at your school (or school of choice) and speak to your financial aid advisor. My son was given financial aid and grants based on fasfa, then he wrote a letter to his school stating our situation-which is similiar to yours- and the next thing he knew, he was given an additional $1,000.00 from his school towards his balance. The lesson here is, keep asking, keep calling, keep writing letters-even if you think you've gotten all you can. Every little bit helps!





Good luck and don't give up!!If my parent is on ssi can i get college benefits?
My mom receives SSI from being widowed and our low income really was a plus for me when finding money for college. First off you will receive the full Pell Grant from completing the FAFSA. Next, talk to your school about need based aid. They will surely help you. Your other option is scholarships but you have to put some effort into winning those...That's it for free money. Your next step is taking out student loans.
No you can not get college benefits if a parent is on SSI. At least, not from SSI. SSI benefits for dependents stop when the kid graduates from high school or turns 18.
  • hand soap
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment