Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can the child of a parent who works in a school district other than the one they live in attend thesame school?

ex/ if my dad works in a different school district than the one I attend, can I go to school there?Can the child of a parent who works in a school district other than the one they live in attend thesame school?
I agree - it depends. For example, in the district I grew up in, seniors were allowed to do this but lower grades weren't. In the neighboring district, you could do this if you paid a fee. In the one I live in now (another state), faculty and staff kids are allowed to do this in any grade.Can the child of a parent who works in a school district other than the one they live in attend thesame school?
You have to contact your current district and ask for permission to attend the other school district and they have to give you a permit. The school you want to attend will need that permit.


If your denied this permit, don't worry be persistent. Plead your case. When I was in high school I moved and did not want to change high schools sophomore year so I applied for a district permit (or whatever its called). I had to write a letter and appeal to the district. Well I was denied, so I wrote a second letter and further pleaded my case and was allowed permission to remain at my school.





Im sure its different for every state and depending on your area. just heads up, there is a lot of underenrollment in schools that they hate loosing students so it might be tough.
if you live in the area they wouldnt mind. like 4 me when i was younger i tranfered to my moms work and it was 30 mins away they didnt mind but i had to get into a special bus and leave earily to just go to her work. you have to talk to your school and see if u can. some districts allow it.
depends on the state and school district. Some districts give special dispensation---others will not.
  • hand soap
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment