Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is our opinion of whether someone is a good parent or not often determined by whether they parent like we do?

Are they seen as good parents is they do what we do, and we agree with their choices rather than the bigger picture of everyone doing what is right for them as a family?Is our opinion of whether someone is a good parent or not often determined by whether they parent like we do?
I would say I am pretty unjudgemental but I am only human and sometimes it takes a while of actually thinking what I would do in someones's sitaution to understand where they are coming from.





But just because you think someone is being a bad parent, and are doing something that you dont agree with doesnt automatically mean that you are wrong in your assumptions.





Depends on the individuals, the children, the circumstances etc





generally i am so busy with my own life I tend not to spend too much time thinking about what others are doing.Is our opinion of whether someone is a good parent or not often determined by whether they parent like we do?
I don't agree with nyccy, I had very bad parents but now that I am a parent I make sure that I do the right things and I don't make the same mistakes as my parents
ithey are a good parent if the way they bring up the child is suitable for their family
Nope its based on if their kids are holding me at knife point asking for my money or not
Yes. Most people use themselves as the standard, especially if they consider themselves a good parent.
well, let him get up when she/he cries at night, for at least a week and see if his opinion doesn't change...good luck!
yes. everyone who has children (i would hope) is a good parent and knows it. everybodys parenting skills are different, and when you learn of others ways of doing it being completely different to your idea of 'perfect parenting' we tend to look down on them. some for example would say being a good parent is disciplining their child whereas others would say let them be children and do as they please. most would do it the first way, but any parent who chose the second option as ideal, would probably be looked down on and stereotyped as having spoilt brats for children. but its natural motherly instincts that make us decide how we are going to do certain things for our children, we all have different ideas as we have all been raised differently. im sure the way i will raise my children will get me some critisicm, but my plans are based on what ive grown up seeing and how i plan on making it different for my children so they get a better life than what i had (i dont want to be like my parents as they have ruined my life). i admit to the way some people raise their children make me think they are bad parents in some ways (like mine for example), but i think its a strong word to use against them, as after all (hopefully) every parent is doing the one main thing for their children and loving and providing for them (not that i know what that is!). at the end of the day its their choice what they do and how they raise their family its none of our business really and not effecting anybody but them. as long as we all do right (in our eyes) for them thats all that matters!
To be or not to be a good parent ? each of us can only use the skills that we have been taught.


It is like the chicken or the egg which came first.


In order to be a good parent you needed to have been taught by a good parent but they needed to be taught by a good parent and so on.





If you have love and respect of your children then that is all that counts.
Being a parent is not easy for some people but does not mean they are bad ones. Being a parent is a learning experience and good parents are the ones that learn from their mistakes.


Most parents unless they are abusive or neglectful work do the absolute best for their children and who is anyone to say they are bad parents.


I personally hate all that judgmental crap, i just recently asked a question about good website that will help me teach my daughter to count to 20 properly, there is a few teens that get mixed up and oh my god there is already 2 people telling me i need to spend more time with her.





I just think every parent has a different style of parenting and they should be respected...
Yes because they give us the feeling that we are doing it the 'right way'. It is a confidence booster if someone else makes the same decisions that you do.
Yes, because we do all we can to be good parents, so if someone else can't live up to that, then they must be worse than us! This is how I think anyway and it keeps me sane!!
Absolutely.Most people consider themselves being good parents and making things right for their children so it's natural for them to think that everyone that does all the ';right'; things they do is a good parent.I personally disagree on that since noone can judge someone else on how good or bad parent is.Each one make decisions of their own depending on how they were raised by their parents and so on.The main thing that parents should do in my opinion is love their children as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment