Thursday, May 13, 2010

How can I get my parent to be a little more respectful?

Once on the bart we saw this lady with a big facial scar, and my mom gasped. I told her later to not pay special attention to people exclusively because of deformities, but I bet she'd do it again, I just don't think it's very politeHow can I get my parent to be a little more respectful?
A gasp is a uncontrollable response to a sight that the person finds amazing in some way. It's too bad if the person saw or heard the gasp, but I'll bet it isn't the worst reaction the person has seen, even that very day.





Now if you mother stared or pointed or made loud comments, you would have something to talk to her about. One thing that can stop this response is familiarity, discussion, and more experiences. A lot of people with scars like that don't go out because of our responses which is why we see so few of them.





Next time, if you are the one to notice first, distract her somehow until you can tell her what she is going to see. That might give her time to process the information. I don't think the gasp was deliberate but only you can judge that.How can I get my parent to be a little more respectful?
Tell your Mom you want to talk with her privately......THEN say ..';Mom, you know it someone has a facial scar we are not suppose to say anything to that person to cause attention to it.'; Mom. Please do not EMBARRASS the woman.'; (Even though she probably gets embarrassed a lot or is just use to it that it doesn't even phase her anymore. you know??) How would you feel???'; (you could add that if you want).





Hopefully, you Mom will REALIZE...But if not, you did the best you could....just know that.
  • hand soap
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment