Thursday, January 21, 2010

What one quality do you wish your significant other had so he/she could be a better parent?

this is the reverse of *smile*'s earlier question. :P


yes, we all love our husbands/boyfriends/girlfriends/fiances. but no one's perfect. that doesn't make us unhappy. but just in case we could wish for that one thing for our loves, what would it be?What one quality do you wish your significant other had so he/she could be a better parent?
Patients, and to stop having what I call ';Mantrums';.





He has been told to leave the room when he has a *mantrum*. I don't want my son to pick up on that and think its ok to have a tantrum whenever something doesn't go his way. The husband has been trying very hard to keep them under control. LOL!What one quality do you wish your significant other had so he/she could be a better parent?
I wish he'd be a little less rigid with scheduling and more flexible with changing of plans. I totally understand and accept why he isn't, though; it's because of his job and I knew and accepted that going into the relationship and having kids, so I'm okay with it.





That, and if he'd get out of doctor-mode at home more easily. The moment he's alone with me, there's no trace of doctor-mode, but he seems to have trouble doing that with my two eldest, probably because the relationship is still new between them. He's great when he does shake that persona off, but sometimes it's just like he can't relax enough to get out of that at home.
I wish my husband would just learn to help more overall with day to day stuff with our son.





Like get up earlier to help me make his lunch or set his clothes out so that I can cook breakfast. Or after daycare/work, get stuff out and start prepping for dinner.





We both work. He leaves before me but I wake up before him because I have lots to do for myself and our son. I guess just putting in a bit more overall effort鈥?
LOL@ninja jenny's ';mantrums'; My husband does that too!





I wish my husband wouldn't get so frustrated and be more compassionate with our son. He doesn't see him as much as I do and I just want him to realize he's a baby and we shouldn't expect anything more. My son is so easy I think my husband is spoiled. When he is teething and cranky my husband acts like the world is ending- he can't deal with it.
The ONE thing that he/she could give a child is the





Gift of Time. One on one time. Cherished memorable times.





There are many age-old sayings that remind us of this. They are age old because they ring true from generation to generation.





*Making* the time to be with your little one will establish a bond that will never be broken. You cannot take back yesterday the same way you cannot un-scramble eggs.
That he would lose weight. I love him so much, but at 400lbs, playing with our very active 1, 4 and 5 year old sons gets him out of breath and causes his back and feet to hurt from standing. He's a very loving guy, but most of the parenting goes to me. I think it's because he can't run after the boys and play with them like I can.
Less anal about messes. Definitely! He is constantly telling the kids, ';Don't make a mess!!!'; They are 2 and 3, that's what they do best. He likes the house spotless, but with two small kids, that is nearly impossible. I wish he would lighten up about the messes and let them have their fun.





Other than that, he is an awesome daddy. Love him!!!
I wish my ex, had the ambition and drive to WANT to help financially and emotionally support his children. He thinks popping in and out of their lives and showing his love during those visits is enough to get him off the deadbeat list.
I wish he could be as patient as I am (or even more). I also wish (I know you just said one, but here I go) that he gave more hugs and kisses. He did not have them growing up and he does not seem very comfortable giving them (yet for some reason I cannot get him off of me, hmmm...)
I'm going with the majority here... Patience!





My 4 year old has now inherited her father's impatience. She thinks that everything ';is going to take forever';.
well im single but her dad.....needs to prioritise better....i wish his brain would realise that when he drops her off she doesnt magically disappear for a couple of weeks! other than that hes not bad lol
To be more... compassionate? Sometimes I have to remind him that Lilly is just a little kid and doesn't know better on a lot of things (she's not even two yet).
I wish he was a clean freak. I am one, and he is whatever the opposite would be.
Patience
Patience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patience. Hands down.
my husband would be more patience. he needs it. right now he gets it from me.
More out-spoken. I hate having to drag things out of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment