Thursday, January 21, 2010

Can a 15 year old get a nose ring with parent consent in NJ?

I'm 15 years old, and today I went into a piercing shop to get a nose stud, but the piercer said you must be 16 and older. My mom was with me and everything but they still said no. But I know my other friends got their noses and we are all the same age. What are the laws?Can a 15 year old get a nose ring with parent consent in NJ?
';A person commits a disorderly persons offense if he knowingly tattoos or engages in body piercing of a minor under the age of 18 years without first having obtained the written permission of the minor's parent or legal guardian or, if neither exists, a person who stands in place of a parent.';





There's nothing written there about being 16. Why don't you print this out and bring it to the shop?





I might look for another place to get pierced, though. Although it might be store policy not to pierce people under the age of 16, it could mean that the piercer is just not familiar with local laws. That's really unprofessional and I'd be hesitant to get pierced by someone like that. Who knows what else he doesn't know about piercing procedures? He might not be following proper sanitizing procedures, he might do it with a piercing gun and ruin your nose for life, etc. There's lots of things that can go wrong so please put in the effort to find a competent shop.Can a 15 year old get a nose ring with parent consent in NJ?
I'm not sure about NJ but in CA you can get piercings at any age with parental consent. So the piercer probably was ignorant and thought someone so young shouldn't Pierce their nose.
It's 16, but some places bend the rules/


ask your friends where they all went?

No comments:

Post a Comment