Thursday, January 21, 2010

How is a parent's life affected if their child has a disorder?

How does it affect them emotionally and what are some of disadvantages and also how does it affect their lifeHow is a parent's life affected if their child has a disorder?
sorry question is pretty vague. erm I can only give you my interpretation of my son who is just growing out of developmental delays, why me, I don't think comes into it, as it is your child who you kind of feel sorry for, not yourself, guess it depends how much time you have to dwell on the subject, with a health problem, appointments, daily tasks etc, probably take over most emotions. Jealousy is there, not in a shes got kid with no problems, I want her child, but more, why can't my child have it as easy as hers, and why doesn't the mother appreciate her kid more, you know what I mean? I get very frustrated with parents who don;'t listen to their kids, as mine didn't talk and had problems speaking for years. Priorities kind of sort themselves out, for instance my son still has problems with reading, I don;t give two hoots if he doesn't sing in the latest school concert, which is essential neccessity for lots of parents. Reading is the priority, thats why he goes to school. In the early years I guess awkwardness is hard, people feeling sorry for you is horrible. I think deep down though it really does make you a stronger person, and what doesn't kill you, always makes you stronger. I think it makes you closer to your child, I don't have another kid to compare, but we share the same sense of humour, enjoy time together, and have fun, and thats what is important in life.





I don;t know whether you are the parent, child or relalive, but go with your instincts, it will make you harder on the outside, but softer on the inside. Hope that helps, good luck !!How is a parent's life affected if their child has a disorder?
Depends on the disorder. That's far too vague a question to answer with specifics.

No comments:

Post a Comment