Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do I register an ACA (one parent) and an AKC (other parent) for my male poodle puppy? Any suggestions wou

I want to register my puppy as AKC but one parent is AKC and the other parent is ACA. It's not that I have anything against ACA it is just that I have always and are used to registering my poodles AKC. Can anyone help me out?How do I register an ACA (one parent) and an AKC (other parent) for my male poodle puppy? Any suggestions wou
ACA is a puppy mill registry which means the ACA parent is likely a pet store puppy from a mill that lost their rights to register puppies with the AKC (generally either for failure to keep proper records or a proven incident of falsifying registration ie registering a dog as purebred when it is a mutt) The AKC does not accept ACA so your puppy cannot be registered AKC. Once you have him or her spayed/neutered you can get an ILP number which will allow you to compete in any event except for confirmation.





Also keep careful watch on your new puppy for genetic diseases that are common in poodles because with a puppy mill parent the chances of him or her inheriting a genetic problem are much higher than a puppy with 2 parents of reputable breedingHow do I register an ACA (one parent) and an AKC (other parent) for my male poodle puppy? Any suggestions wou
You can't fully register a dog with the AKC unless both parents are AKC. If you want a limited AKC registration to compete in companion events and have a purebred dog you can spay/neuter it and send in for a PAL/ILP.
NOT A CHANCE !!! The AKC does not recognize the ACA. If you wanted an AKC pup, you should've made sure both sire and dam were AKC registered.

No comments:

Post a Comment