Thursday, January 21, 2010

What is a day in the life of a homeschooling parent?

do you run it like a school? or differently?


I'm curious when i have kids i want to homeschool themWhat is a day in the life of a homeschooling parent?
I home school my 3 children. I know several home school families. None of us do it exactly the same. When you have kids you'll know ( or find out )what kind of learners they are and you can tailor your home school to their needs.





We do about half and half. Some days we have ';school'; where we sit down and do worksheets and things that I have planned out ahead of time. Some days we just do what seems fun and interesting.What is a day in the life of a homeschooling parent?
I think you need to run it what you and your partner feel comfortable with as well as taking into consideration your children and their needs.





for us in our family it is more about learning about life and how to cope and tackle that.





Some days we do work most of the time we do work it doenst look like work it looks more like fun however my children and myself are always learning.





get a great support network around you, you may be lucky enough to raise your children with other homeschool families and have a great learning environment around you.





have you thought of what style you are going to use or method?





there are so many of them, classical, natural learning, unschooling, curriculum based school at home etc.





good luck on your journey
  • stella mccartney
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment