Thursday, January 21, 2010

I have a question for all single parents. How has a single parent in the household effected your children?

once they grew up? Has it had a negative affect on your children and how? Are your kids constantly asking you when you will get back with their father or mother? Please give me your thoughts and your experiences and how it has affected you.I have a question for all single parents. How has a single parent in the household effected your children?
Hi Cute,


I am not sure if this helps. But I grew up with both parents who will be celebrating there 25th anniversary soon and my husband has ONLY grew up with his mother. When we talk, you can hear the sadness in his voice when he talks about not having A Father in his life. My husband who will be a Father in 2009 (Hopefully)


knows how important it is for him to be there for Our children.


He does not want our children to go through what he had to.





Seeing what my husband had to go through only makes both of us want to become Better parents. In a way...A good thing came out of a negative experience.I have a question for all single parents. How has a single parent in the household effected your children?
Of COURSE it has a negative effect! You can't violate basics and not have bad effects.





Nobody doubted it (since the effects are so obvious) until the feminists in the 60s and 70s decided it shouldn't be so, and manufactured studies (which have since been thoroughly debunked) that said kids suffered no ill effects from single parenting.





In some cases, one parent might be such a bad influence that the children are LESS BAD OFF having him or her not there, but even at that, it's LESS BAD, not GOOD.
I'm a single mom, never married either. I have one 14 year old boy. It isn't having any negative affects on him, he loves doing ';everything'; with me and same goes for me, we have an extremely close bond with eachother. I adopted him last October, he had an early abusive childhood and was never used to feeling love and affection previously, so he's still getting used to it and so far he loves it!





He never asked me if I had a husband or partner either, I guess it just doesn't seem important to him. Maybe its harder or would have more affects if you have more than 1 child?
Well as I was growing up in a single family home, I realized how hard it was for my mother. When we weren't getting along, I went to live with my father..that didn't work out and I dislike my father. I now understand why it never worked out for them. Personally now, I'd for my children's father to be there. I guess I resented for mine not being there. Children will adapt to it, if anything it's positive because when they're older they'll be careful on who they choose to have their children with.
Not all single family household can have the parents back together





My mom died when I was ten


I had an Older sister(11) and an older brother(12) and two younger brother(6 and 8). My sibling ages were how old they were when my mom died.





My dad treat and gave my sister all the responsibility as an adult. This cause problem when he needed to treat her like a child.





It was very hard growing up with just a father as a girl. My dad did his best. The biggest thing that bug me, were most people let assume my mom left. She died.





My husband died when my daughter was two. Most people assume that we are divorce and he lives out of state. Rising a child by yourself is very hard. Most single parents have both parents. I just have myself. The hardest things are when dad's are suppose to be there, and it's just me.





No my child never ask if we will get back together


She does ask, if she died and goes to heaven, can she see him again





When a child losing a parent very to young, it effects you for the rest of the life
Well my k ids never asked me that becuz i was never with the father...but look i dont see any affects on my children as of now...It is tough when say ';fathers day'; comes around and every1 at school is making that stuff or when one of the kids at school say ';hey wheres you dad'; but i grew up myself w/o a father...It'd be nice to know my OTHER family but thats the only thing for me...Im not bothered too much by it but i was a mommys girl growing up...just stuck to my mother...Also now that I have read through this I think its a repetitave thing U just see these types of things hapenning more and more
Really it hasn't affected the kids too much. My wife just one day walked out on us never came back.Only my 16 year old daughter remembers that the rest of them brood can't remember her. she had some abandment issues at the time but she pretty moved on and everyone likes the family the way it is. (or so they say) But after some counceling we do ok. Yeah my 5 and 3 year old havn't really started asking and my adopted 16 year old just doesn't care because she never was part of her life and isn't a part of ours.
I am a single mother, but my daughter is only 15 months so I can't really say much right now. Only that her father is a pain in my backside, and hasn't seen her in 5 months, but is now claiming he is taking me to court for custody! So who knows how things will turn out. I am dreading the day though, that my daughter asks about. I starred your question so I could see the answers you get as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment